Following the new Finance Bill 2023, Safaricom updated MPESA transactional charges effective July 29, 2023. These are the MPESA charges that a customer pays when sending money to another person or when withdrawing cash from a Safaricom agent.
MPESA Charges 2023
Check out how much you will be charged;
- To withdraw from MPESA Agents
- To transfer to M-Pesa users, Pochi la Biashara, and Business Till to customer
- To Transfer to unregistered users
- To transfer to other registered mobile money users
Below are M-PESA Tariffs.
|TRANSACTION RANGE (KSHS)||TRANSACTION TYPE AND CUSTOMER CHARGES (KSHS)|
|MIN||MAX||TRANSFER TO M-PESA USERS,POCHI LA BIASHARA AND BUSINESS TILL TO CUSTOMER||TRANSFER TO OTHER REGISTERED MOBILE MONEY USERS||TRANSFER TO UNREGISTERED USERS||WITHDRAWAL FROM M-PESA AGENTS|
|50 001||150 000||108||108||318||309|
Also read: How Can I borrow from Fuliza?
ATM Withdrawal Tariff
Find out how much you will be charged to withdraw from an ATM.
|ATM Withdrawal Tariff|
FREE Mpesa Charges
Other MPESA transactions are FREE, these transactions include;
- All MPESA deposits
- MPESA registration
- Buying Airtime through M-PESA
- Change M-PESA PIN
- M-PESA Balance Enquiry
Find the table below.
|Buying Airtime through M-PESA||FREE|
|M-PESA Balance Enquiry||FREE|
|Change M-PESA PIN||FREE|
- Maximum Account Balance is Kshs.300,000
- The maximum daily transaction value is Kshs.300,000
- The maximum amount per transaction is Kshs.150,000
- The minimum amount you can withdraw at an M-PESA Agent is Kshs.50
- To initiate M-PESA person-to-person self-reversal, send the transaction confirmation to 456
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active.
- One can deposit funds only into M-PESA account registered under their own identification document (ID). Depositing directly into third-party accounts is not allowed.
- You will earn Bonga Points from the M-PESA fee charged when you transact.
- To transact at any M-PESA agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document with which the M-PESA was registered, i.e., National ID or Kenyan Passport
- Dial *334# to view application charges or use the M-PESA cost calculator on My Safaricom App
For more information visit Safaricom website.
MPESA Charges 2023 Chart/ PDF
Check out the MPESA chart below. You can download it.
MPESA Business Till Transaction Charges
Rates and Charges
What are the charges for the new M-PESA Business till transactions?
|Pay to another Buy Goods Till||0.25 % capped at 200/-|
|Pay to a mobile number (B2C)||Existing M-PESA Send Money charges apply|
|Pay to a utility till (Pay bill C2B)||Standard Paybill charges apply|
|Withdraw at agent||Standard agent withdrawal charges|
|Sell Airtime to customer||Standard Agent Airtime commission rates|
•The business owner will be charged a maximum of 0.5% and not more than KSh 200 per transaction for money collected on the till.
•Customer payments KSh 200 and below are FREE.
•There are no customer charges for payments made using Lipa na M-PESA Buy Goods except for payments made at fuel stations.
Source: Safaricom Website