Starting July 29, channels will not be able to hide their subscriber count on YouTube. This is an update by YouTube revealed on 1st July 2022. YouTube is a platform that protects their users. After realizing that there are channels which impersonates prominent people, Youtube will now show how many people have subscribed to your channel.
Why people hide Subscribers
Most creators on YouTube hide subscribers so as they may get more subscribers. This trick works. For example when I wast starting my YouTube channel no one was subscribing because I had 0 subscribers. Getting 100 subscribers is the hardest thing that I experienced on my YouTube channel.
When I applied this trick many people subscribed regardless of my current subscribers.
How to Hide Subscribers
Hiding Subscribers will now become a thing of the past. I will explain how I used to hide Subscibers on YouTube.
- Go to Creator Studio and Click Settings
- In the Settings click Channel, then Advanced Settings
- In the Advanced Settings Tab, on the Subscribers Count checkbox, Click to Display the subscribers count, leave it unchecked to hide subscribers count. It’s that simple.
More YouTube July Updates
- Improved creator Comment moderation setting in the YouTube Studio
- Limiting special character, types and frequency in the channel name
You can read more updates here