Chef Maliha Mohammed (born October 20, 1983) is a Kenyan chef, cooking instructor, culinary judge, founder of Gourmet Cooking 254, and brand ambassador for Seagas. Chef Maliha is also the Guinness World Record Breaker of 2019 for the longest cooking marathon. In 2023, chef Maliha attempted to break the record for the longest home kitchen cook-a-thon, cooking for more than 90 hours.
|Real name||Maliha Mohammed|
|Born||October 20, 1983|
|Age||In her 40’s|
|Social Media||Facebook: Chef Maliha Mohammed|
Chef Maliha Mohammed’s Interesting Facts
Check out what Maliha Mohammed has accomplished as a chef.
- Chef Maliha is a self-taught chef, she began cooking at the age of 8. Spending most of her time learning how to cook at a younger age. Growing up, she was inspired by her mother and grandmother.
- Chef Maliha Mohammed was born and raised in Mombasa’s Old Town.
- She is a mother of two and the founder of Gourmet Cooking 254.
- In 2014, Chef Maliha was a semi-finalist at the Royco Fuata Fleva Contest.
- Chef Maliha worked as a cook from 2009 to 2010 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, cooking for Saudi Arabian Prince Khalid Bin Mishail Al Saudh.
- In 2019, Chef Maliha participated in a cook-a-thon at the Technical University of Kenya, cooking for 36 hours non-stop, preparing 100 meals.
- In August 2019, Chef Maliha Mohammed broke the world record for the longest cooking chef, cooking for over 75 hours.
Longest Home Kitchen Cooking Marathon
The current record for the Longest Home Kitchen Cooking Marathon is held by American chef Rickey Lumpkin, who cooked for 68 hours, 30 minutes, and 1 second in 2018.
In August 2023, chef Maliha Mohammed participated in the Longest Home Kitchen Cooking Marathon in an attempt to break the existing record. The cooking marathon started on Friday, August 11th, and is expected to go on for 90 hours. The Cookathon is sponsored by SeaGas.
On August 14th, 2023, Chef Maliha surpassed America’s Rickey Lumpkin record. She is expected to cook for 90 hours.
Chef Maliha Mohammed Photos
Check out the latest photos of Chef Maliha Mohammed.
Check out more prominent people on Kelxfy.